Monday, January 14, 2013

Why I would suck as a wife in China

Talking to my friend has really got me thinking. If you have read my other blog this is the same guy that wants us to get married.. I guess I should give him a name. Lol. We will call him Sam. The other day we were having dinner together with his friends and his friends said that they got married first because their parents disapproved. Sam suggested that we go get married first then tell our parents. At this time I was petting his dog and when he said that I accidentally grabbed the dog which caused him to start barking. So I said hey what's wrong with the dog, should I take him for a walk?? Anything to change the subject.

Now for one we are not boyfriend and girlfriend. He says he loves me and wants to marry me. I guess a relationship first isn't necessary. Another problem I have is when people say things to me it's translated differently in my head. He said let's get married and not ask my father first. That was translated in my head as " get kicked out my daddy's will?" I'm straight. The thing about Sam he is a GREAT catch. Great job, OWNS a house and car, he will be a great provider, father and Husband etc. He's not my soulmate. I'm looking for that passionate, intense, butterflies type of love. That love that says he was created for ME! I'm only getting married one time in my life.

Another thing is that culturally we are soo different. Here are a list of reasons why I would suck as a wife here in China.


1. When you marry a Chinese person you marry the whole family. Usually, the mother in law lives with you. She cooks dinner for you everyday and takes care of the kids. Also the parents move in with you after they retire. I'm all for family! Great! I'm not trying to live with my mother in law in a 2 bedroom condo; 8 bedroom house yes. Honestly, when can I get it poppin with my husband if you in the next room cleaning? Not to mention, I barely want to see my husband everyday.

2. My baby is not wearing these slit pants. Diapers are ridiculously expensive here and you have to remember there are a billion people here. Most babies don't wear diapers but these pants and these just pee wherever. I wish I would see my husbands parents put these ugly clothes and these slit pants on my child. Meanwhile this child is prob a boy wearing a pink shirt,




3. The food I cook and the food they eat are totally different. They eat the head to fish and chicken. NO THEY DON'T EAT DOG!!!! Not even that because I'm all for cooking and cleaning. For dinner they cook like 7 things. Who can cook all of this all the time? When I'm a housewife then yes. But I plan to still have my own companies. Here's a picture of a typical Chinese dinner. Chicken, fish, tofou, potatoes, mushrooms, and greens. A regular dinner not a Sunday dinner.




4. I don't believe that a child should be in school all day. Again I have hated school since preschool (Seriously). They stay in school until 4 or 5 o'clock. When they have a holiday they go to school on a Saturday to make it up. I want my child to have a well rounded life. School is definitely important but I don't want them to be stressed about in at 10 years old. The funny thing is the kids don't seem to mind because its all they know.

5. I'm whooping my kids. Yes I'm old fashioned and believe in the power of that BELT. The kids don't receive any type of discipline until high school. If my child acts up in school I will simply walk towards him and take my hand across his face. It's soo many times I want to hit another parents child. I have snapped and disciplined my own students in front of their parents. I guess this whole I have one child and I worship them is something I don't agree with.


6. Overall I'm a handful for anyone especially for someone who comes from a completely different culture. I'm a Aries, very bold, daring, blunt etc. I have a short attention span and constantly trying find ways to spice my life up. Chinese men are more conservative. They very sheltered from the rest of the world. I want to have no limits with my husband!!!! I know I still don't want to raise my children in America but where I will live permanently I still don't know. By the end of the year, I'll be settled down then ill move wherever my husband is located.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jinan shandong

No comments:

Post a Comment